Renunciation of Ghanaian Citizenship
An application to renounce one’s Ghanaian nationality should be addressed in the form of a letter to the Minister of Interior through this Embassy.
Click HERE to view all renunciation fees and codes.
1. Consular fees must be paid through Bank Transfer to the Embassy's Danske Bank. Do not post cash!!
2. Applicants who make payments through banks other than Danske Bank should be mindful that it may take a couple of days before the transfer is complete. Please note that the issuance of a bank receipt upon completion of your transfer either through internet banking or the bank itself is not a confirmation that the transfer has been successful. This is because some applicants end up transferring into various accounts other than the Embassy's account.
3. To speed up the processing of the application, applicants are kindly advised to make their payments in person at the nearest Danske Bank office near them. In addition, they are required to submit their applications with a receipt or transfer advice from the bank. Please do not post cash!!
The Embassy accepts bank transfers paid into the Mission’s Danske Bank Account. Please find the details below:
Bank Name : Danske Bank
Account No. : 4001 3109114847
IBAN : DK35 3000 3109 1148 47
SWIFT : DABADKKK
Danske Bank Address:
Holmens Kanal 2-12,
1092 Cph K
DO NOT POST DOCUMENTS TO THIS ADDRESS !!!
The Embassy wishes to request all applicants to ensure that the name of the payee corresponds with the name on the application made to the Embassy. Applicants who transfer their fees through another party are to make sure that the said party, indicates on whose behalf the transfer was made.
Money transferred from another bank other than Danske Bank will attract a transfer charge of 50 DKK. Applicants are therefore advised to pay all bank charges to avoid a shortage in the application fees. Any application with a shortage in the required fees will not be attended to. Please check with your bank to ensure you pay the appropriate fees. The Visa Application fee or receipt of payment must be attached to your application.
Application Fees are NOT REFUNDABLE if the application is unsuccessful.
1. Applicants who would like their documents to be returned by post should submit with their applications, 150 DKK to their application fees.
Please refer to the Fees and Codes and make payment accordingly. Kindly note that Swedish stamps or International postal coupons CANNOT be used in Denmark.
2. 150 DKK is required for posting documents equivalent to the weight of one (1) passport. If your application weighs more than the weight of 1 passport please contact your local post for the appropriate cost of postage.
3. Applicants may also arrange for courier (DHL, UPS, FedEx, or EMS) service pick-up.
The completed Forms should be forwarded to the Embassy together with:
1. Formal application letter for renunciation of Ghanaian citizenship addressed to the Hon. Minister of Interior, Accra, through this Embassy. This letter should indicate the name and current address of the applicant’s parents and whether he/she is indebted to the government of Ghana by way of the bond, scholarship or otherwise – documents should be submitted in English.
2. Detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV).
3. Two (2) recent and identical passport size pictures.
4. A letter of warranty from the state in which the applicant resides. The warranty should be translated into English if it is in any other language either than English, and both versions submitted.
5. Evidence of not being indebted to the Ghana Government if the applicant has traveled for further studies abroad under the Ghana Government Scholarship.
6. Copy of applicant's Ghanaian Passport (Bio Data Page).
7. Return the completed application forms (together with the form copy) and the relevant documents together with either a pre-paid self-addressed envelope or DKK 150 for return postage.
8. It may be pointed out that the renunciation becomes legal only after the Renunciation Certificate has been issued.
The Certificate would be signed by the Hon. Minister for Interior and it would be released to the applicant upon submission of the applicant's Ghana passport to the Mission.
Completed applications must be submitted to the Embassy either in person or posted to the address below:
Egebjerg Alle 13