Authentication of Documents
1. Authentication of documents emanating from Ghana e.g. for marriage, education, birth certificates, divorce certificates, drivers’ licenses, etc. must be endorsed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Regional Integration in Ghana before they are brought to the Embassy for authentication. The original documents must be presented before copies can be endorsed.
Click HERE to view all authentication fees and codes.
1. Consular fees must be paid through Bank Transfer to the Embassy's Danske Bank. Do not post cash!!
2. Applicants who make payments through banks other than Danske Bank should be mindful that it may take a couple of days before the transfer is complete. Please note that the issuance of a bank receipt upon completion of your transfer either through internet banking or the bank itself is not a confirmation that the transfer has been successful. This is because some applicants end up transferring into various accounts other than the Embassy's account.
3. To speed up the processing of the application, applicants are kindly advised to make their payments in person at the nearest Danske Bank office near them. In addition, they are required to submit their applications with a receipt or transfer advice from the bank. Please do not post cash!!
The Embassy accepts bank transfers paid into the Mission’s Danske Bank Account. Please find the details below:
Bank Name : Danske Bank
Account No. : 4001 3109114847
IBAN : DK35 3000 3109 1148 47
SWIFT : DABADKKK
Danske Bank Address:
Holmens Kanal 2-12,
1092 Cph K
DO NOT POST DOCUMENTS TO THIS ADDRESS !!!
The Embassy wishes to request all applicants to ensure that the name of the payee corresponds with the name on the application made to the Embassy. Applicants who transfer their fees through another party are to make sure that the said party, indicates on whose behalf the transfer was made.
Money transferred from another bank other than Danske Bank will attract a transfer charge of 50 DKK. Applicants are therefore advised to pay all bank charges to avoid a shortage in the application fees. Any application with a shortage in the required fees will not be attended to. Please check with your bank to ensure you pay the appropriate fees. The Visa Application fee or receipt of payment must be attached to your application.
Application Fees are NOT REFUNDABLE if the application is unsuccessful.
The processing time for Authentication/ Certification/ Attestation/ Endorsement is one (1) week starting from the date the applicant meets all necessary requirements needed for his/her application. This presupposes that applicants who for some reason submit an Incomplete application would have their processing time longer than required.
Please note that there is No Express service for this application. Applicants are therefore advised to apply ahead of time in order to avoid any unforeseen eventualities.
Due to the increase in the number of passport applications, the Embassy will NOT be in the position to contact applicants who fail to meet all requirements of the application via telephone. You are therefore advised to provide a valid EMAIL ADDRESS for any further communication regarding your application.
1. Applicants who would like their documents to be returned by post should submit with their applications, 150 DKK to their application fees.
Please refer to the Fees and Codes and make payment accordingly. Kindly note that Swedish stamps or International postal coupons CANNOT be used in Denmark.
2. 150 DKK is required for posting documents equivalent to the weight of one (1) passport. If your application weighs more than the weight of 1 passport please contact your local post for the appropriate cost of postage.
3. Applicants may also arrange for courier (DHL, UPS, FedEx, or EMS) service pick-up.